Web Development Specialist
The Centre for Investigation Research and Learning is currently seeking a web development specialist to join our information technology team and drive content online in the challenging and competitive non-profit industry across a virtualized office environment.
Who are are:
The Centre for Investigation Research and Learning is a non-profit which aims to improve quality of life and safety across communities by promoting education alongside increased scientific literacy and critical thinking skills. With a focus on evidence based reasoning, the Centre seeks to contribute to, strengthen and influence political policy objectives across all levels of government with particular regard to education, consumer protections and the STEM fields.
- Development and maintenance of web assets utilising CMS toolsets with particular regard to Wordpress, Dolphin and Joomla.
- Development and maintenance of social media profile UI
- Maintain SEO for all externally facing web assets
- Ensure maximum cross browser/platform compatibility
- Work with external hosting partners to ensure maximum uptime for all web assets
- Work with other IT team members to deploy and maintain strong network security via the centres’ web assets and across social accounts.
- Collaborate with marketing and business stakeholders to present a coherent cross-platform brand identity.
- Engage with business stakeholders and executive management to coordinate and deploy projects
- Facilitation of client support to internal end users
- Excellent knowledge of a diverse range of programing languages, frameworks, APIs and platforms including html 5, CSS3, JS, JQuery, MySQL, Bootstrap, Wordpress, Joomla & Dolphin
- Knowledge of object orientated languages such as C+ is advantageous
- Strong security focus with up to date knowledge of security principles and exploits
- A professional communication style, combined with excellent written skills
- Excellent client relationship building skills
- A proactive approach and demonstrable problem solving ability
- A strong focus in supporting and driving diversity and inclusion activities in recruitment
- A self-motivated quality enabling you to work independently
The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritise tasks while delivering a focus to customer service, leveraging technological assets to achieve goals across the virtualised office environment.
In return you will develop industry transferable skills and experience inside a strong team culture across an organisation with a worthy cause.